|Oh yes, there was also a plaited leather thong wrapped tightly around his neck. This is the ... Radiocarbon dating tells us that the greater number of bog bodies went into the moss some time in the Iron Age between roughly 500 B.C. and A.D. 100. The|
|They are awaiting the results of radiocarbon dating and DNA testing. The woman was buried with more than 50 items, including a pair of leather boots decorated with red- and black-striped embroidery, a mirror and comb, an embroidered bag containing a|
|KHOM, China — Tucked beneath a shallow outcropping in the rolling lowlands of the Altai Mountains, four men glide along the shadow-pocked rock face, their faint silhouettes stalking a herd of unsuspecting ibex. To their left, a fifth swoops downhill|
|“The prime constituent of leather is collagen fibre. So we thought of converting the collagen fibre into carbon fibre without oxidising the Cr(III) to Cr(VI),” says Dr. L. John Kennedy from the Physics Division - Materials, School of Advanced Sciences|
|A new method "stands to revolutionize radiocarbon dating," according to research presented on Tuesday at the National Meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS) in San Francisco. Called "non-destructive carbon dating," the method basically prevents|
|ft. of torque, Alfa DNA drive mode selector, class-exclusive carbon fiber driveshaft, dual exhaust with bright tips, 18-inch aluminum wheels (available 19- and 20-inch wheels), leather seating, backup camera with rear park sensors, remote start|
|Discovering who was a leader, or even if leaders existed, from the ruins of archaeological sites is difficult, but now a team of archaeologists and biological anthropologists, using a powerful combination of radiocarbon dating and ancient DNA, have|
|Also found in the well — and in another well nearby — were leather pieces from shoes, dating to approximately A.D. 1015 to 1028. Seven farms and farmyards at least 1,500 years old have been uncovered at the site, and archaeologists are piecing|
|A Hong Kong court has convicted two people of illegally possessing ivory chopsticks after radiocarbon dating proved the items were produced after 1990 and therefore unlawful, the government said Wednesday. Domestic trade in ivory imported legally into |
|As for the leather, the researchers said that it likely came from a set of four moccasin-like shoes that were preserved because of their exposure to well water. While they initially thought that the leather was from a more recent time period|
- The new-look Griffith Field is nearing completion of the long-awaited reconstruction of the famed stadium at BHS
- Help! A Guy in High School Used to Photo-Edit My Head Onto Other Women's Bodies.
- Couple's retreat! Emily Vancamp and boyfriend Joshua Bowman show off their sculpted beach bodies on romantic ...
- Match: It's All About Tinder, Says Jefferies, Starting at Buy
- After fits, striped bass run may finally be starting
- Lithuanian Mummies Reveal Their Secrets to Scientists
- Rick Steves: Time-traveling at Europe's open-air museums
- 10 years after NFL Europe's demise, alumni remember league fondly
- "Montrer que l'OL est toujours un grand d'Europe"
- Europe's largest cold store will be in Spain